14 Day quarantine
The goal is to develop safe habits and with proper implementation of conservative procedures and protocols that follow CDC procedures. We will create a safe family environment for students to socialize, learn, feel physically safe, and thrive.
When arriving to campus:
- All students move-in/return to Carbondale August 6th – 9th
- Quarantine August 10th – 24th
- Standard/Modified and Extension will be kept as separate groups
- General quarantine procedures for first 14 days or quarantine due to return from off-campus travel
- Contain to individual apartments as much as possible. Socializing within quarantine groups can occur in open spaces with minimum 6 ft distance between individuals plus masks.
- Set staffing for students during these 14 days
- Staff will complete the COVID health assessment form before each shift and follow the COVID Code of Conduct.
- Masks worn at all times by students and staff
- Nursing will provide health checks, follow new medication protocols bringing one apartment down to nursing at a time, sanitize before releasing next apartment
- No community access
In the apartments:
- Tape off areas in the living room for each person to sit/stand when in the same room together.
- Staggered cooking schedules so there’s no overlap and allow for enough time to thoroughly disinfect the kitchen before the next person cooks.
- Each student is on their own menu plan
- Enforce strict laundry schedule that staff will monitor from start to finish.
- No visiting between apartments
- All social activities take place outside or in a location that can ensure social distancing guidelines. Otherwise all social events must be virtual.
- Masks worn at all times when around another person
- Eating in shifts or in separate rooms and disinfect the table between people
- No van runs for the first 14 days
- No outside visitors and no visiting other students apartments
- All students will have curfew in the apartments for the duration of quarantine
Extension Phase Students:
- Stay in apartment for the duration of quarantine as much as possible
- No in person socializing for the first 14 days
- All staff interactions will take place using distance learning
- Have students use Kroger delivery or pick up
- Students with paid employment should follow employers guidelines for returning to work and should notify employer where they are traveling
- No traveling outside of Carbondale area
- Classes being August 12th virtually
- All classes taught using distance learning w/students in their apartments and instructors at the academic building (or work from home?)
- No internships or paid employment for Standard/Modified
- Staff patterns to support students during the academic day